Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Job Hunt Update

Maybe it’s time for a job hunting update for people who are not in the loop on a daily basis with me. I have my 6th interview coming up on Tuesday the 29th. That’s 5 months to the day after being let go from Gruen Marketing. I was pretty much in shock the whole month of May, getting kinda down in June and really starting to feel almost depressed by time July hit and I’m not gonna even talk about August. But now in September, I’m feeling a little better… still hunting for that job, but I’m feeling a little more confident after each interview. Here’s been the run down over the last few months:

1) Cumberland Enterprises
2) Life Touch Photography (Seasonal)
3) Elite Marketing Promotions
4) Metro Marketing
4) Michael's Craft Store (Part Time)
6) Security Products Company (But, it's a design job)

I have been babysitting too, for my Ex Lane Bryant manager... kind of counts as work, right?

I have also been trying to keep busy with a lot of projects, like to keep my mind occupied, because I don't get cable, have seen all my movies a million times and have a few number of friends still in the cities. Some projects include:

1) Getting my Portfolio Site up and running
2) I made Jewelry for two of my gal pal's weddings
3) Working on RYZ.com shoe competitions
4) Working on my own Birds of a Feather Jewelry Co. logo/identity and products
5) Getting BoaF up and running on Etsy
6) Helping my Sister in planning her wedding to Mike (I'm a MOH!)
7) Networking (Twitter, FB, LinkedIn) and going to events like the Temp Retired.
8) Making a logo for Meredith, a photography friend
9) Working on some simple designs for t-shirts (1) (2)
10) Adding more Digital Illustration to my website
11) Send some design work to a student in Berlin for a publishing project
12) Random logo designs, like a spec logo for Locks of Love
13) I'm currently working on a logo/blog design for a Twitter Follower of mine

Busy is good, it’s keeping my mind of other things I would be thinking about. The only thing to worry about is time vs money, but even people with jobs have that problem too.

So, if you’re looking for a designer for FT work or freelance I’m happy to provide my services… Advertising, illustration and photography too, of course! I like having multiple interests. I can bake too and cook too, but I doubt people want to pay me for that, but cooking for friends always makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment