Thursday, September 17, 2009

Random Emails

Okay, so I have to take into account that my portfolio/web site and blog are very public, but I am a very skeptic person. I'm actually very introverted and a bit of a worry wort, I know I kinda hide this. I know not to trust everything I get in my inbox, but this one throws me off and I'm not sure what to think of it. So I'm copying it here, hoping to get some feed back from my twitter and blog followers... Any thoughts on this, I'm just unsure. All else fails I'll just ignore it or write back with questions, but I want to hear what other people think. I'm not sure if I should be flattered that someone likes my work or they're pulling my leg.

Email as follows:
Hi,
My name is Erich I´m a graphic design student in berlin at the (I removed the link)
I´m working on an editorial project for my semester exam, it has to involve editorial design and exhibition. I would like to publish some of your work, In the attached file is the info for the project and a form to fill if you´re interested, if there are any questions, please ask. Im afraid my deadline, before I start working on the layout is in 5 days...
best wishes
Erich Eichstetter
www.flickr.com/eriche (I removed link)

or in facebook as erich eichstetter
or (
I removed email addy)

There is 4 page document/form attached, that lists off a whole bunch of steps.
How to fill this formular?
The only obligatory fields are your name country and information, feel free to fill the other fields as you wish, ignore the questions you don´t feel necessary, the questions wont appear in the magazine, only the answers.
Requirements for being published in Print2.0

1. A profile pic which can be a logo, a portrait or any representative image of the participant.
2. A picture of the studio, the camera or any significative working tool of the participant.
3. A picture of the participants city.
4. A minimum of 5 and maximum of 12 pictures of the participants work in DinA5 format (148x105mm) plus one picture in a large format for the poster (630x470mm), 150 dpi CMYK in tiff, pdf or eps format, I prefer no jpgs but they are also accepted. No watermarks, logos, artists names or frames will be accepted.
5.The filled form
6. A zip or rar file containing the requirements with the participants name. example: ericheichstetter. zip
7. By sending this zip file you´re allowing me to use its content for the pilot issue of the free of charge magazine Print 2.0
Thoughts or comments?

2 comments:

  1. i got today the same mail on my inbox... and i was doing a bit of research through the web 'cause i don't know what to think about neither....

    i think i will mail 'erich' just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my feedback: Email Erich for more information, as Evidenti suggests!

    Be sure to ask for the following:
    - Details... "What did you find interesting or engaging about my work? How did you find me?"
    - Others that will also be published
    - Why this publishing project?
    - References
    - Others?

    Hope this helps and good luck!
    Sonia Di Maulo, Feedback Enthusiast
    www.readytofeedback.com

    ReplyDelete